Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wild Pony Tail Grass

Came across this on the private road when walking K and Yoho today. It gets just over a foot tall where there isn't taller grass stunting it. All this rain has made mowing impossible for weeks or it wouldn't be there but there are carpets of it. I am thinking of replacing the annual fountain grass along the irrigation pipe at the shop with this. I wouldn't have to seed or replace it every year or it could be a disaster waiting to happen. Of course, all that will have to wait until the Dahlia are all in.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great picture!
    I bought pony tail grass once and it's not perennial (as labelled) but I do get 3 or 4 patches back every year through seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is really pony tail grass because if I recall, that gets all frizzy and kinky looking. Pony Tail was just the best words I could find to describe it and finding out what it really is seems like a winter activity. LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... lawn maintenance oahu

    ReplyDelete