Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Plan From Last Fall

I love it when a plan comes together. This is almost exactly like I pictured it last year. It is the bed by the firepit slide that Kelly dug. You can see the 'Calgary Flame' Tulips between the 'Monte Carlo' Tulips. The shoots coming up between them are Narcissus 'Tahiti' and in the very front are the Grape Hyacinth but only one lone one is blooming so far. The Painted Daisy to the right of the front 'Monte Carlo' patch is the one I uprooted as a weed but it looks recovered. The Iris up from that are one of the ones you sent out... I think the one you liked more. The cages are moved from there now, I did that after I took the photo. All three Spirea came back and up in the very top right is the Cerastium that I moved last fall. It started opening today. The 'Ballerina' tulips are just to the right of this with the Painted Daisy. For a new bed last year, I couldn't be happier that everything seems to have survived the winter. We will see for sure when the lily are all in bloom and I can see if any are missing.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love those tulips. It is nice to see a plan come together. And, hey, I don't see any weeds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ! That's because they are all just out of the frame... it's actually why I didn't post the sdame photo with the Ballerina tulip in it... dandelions were starting to get into the shot.

    ReplyDelete