Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Gardener Before Me

Although when we moved in, the yard was largely undeveloped, as the years go by and we uncover areas, there is evidence of her everywhere. The gardener at least 20 years before me. The previous owner did not garden but someone here did and their garden was huge. From the sunken cement (possibly) pond near the willow in front that we found one foot down to the pavers mortared in beside the sidewalk and under the gravel at the front. I have yet to erase any of her work. The pavers stayed, just got swept off. I am still thinking about the pond although that will likely have to go because I cannot creatively figure out how to save it. These tulips have been reminding me of her since we moved in. They bloom, all alone, every year, in an area as yet undeveloped by us so they are among trees, weeds and bushes. I keep thinking it is actually a perfect spot for the next bed and although I haven't dug it for that, I haven't moved her tulips either.
taken with Samsung ST550

1 comment:

  1. So how old do plants have to be before they become antiques?! That's a great story and those are lovely tulips.

    ReplyDelete