Saturday, May 15, 2010

Below Ground Tulips


















I stumbled upon this today while walking the dogs this morning. Looks like Wile E. dug a hole last fall where I planted tulips. The tulips decided to come up and they are some of the taller ones so far but I can't yet see them above ground. Oddly enough, the hole is about 10" deep and I didn't plant the tulips down that far. Anyway, I can't fix it until they are done so I guess this year, they will bloom at ground level. Good to know the garden can survive the dogs.

2 comments:

  1. So how do you know it was Wile E. ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because he is the only one who still digs in the garden. The other dogs will sometimes walk through, trying to take a short cut and Tuk has been known to lay down in my garden on top of the shade plants... but only Wile E. still digs. Hopefully, he will learn this year.

    ReplyDelete