Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last to Open

This should be the last of the Calla to open. It is more red and less purple than this shows. Another lemon yellow 'Flame' opened yesterday in a pot on the front deck. More 'Crystal Blush', which are now turning pink, and 'Picasso' showed up in the Bird Sanctuary and Boardwalk Gardens. The red and yellow 'Flame' is still producing more blooms. I really like these. I hope they survive the winter in my basement. On an added note, I am taking the refrigerator from Sean's trailer. It was new a couple of years ago and is smallish. He will sell his trailer without one and I will put it in the basement for all my stored plants.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news about the fridge. Very handy for the glads. Our calla went in the fridge but maybe it shouldn't have so you should check that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will look it up before they come in. There should be a temperature range listed. It's not the kind of thing I will remember so I will have to look it up every year.

    ReplyDelete