Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Variegated Sedum

I think I might have a tag for this but it isn't handy. This sedum is growing in the Bird Sanctuary along the dry creek bed edge almost right at the bridge. The flowers open yellow and then the centre rises up orange to finally turn red and plump looking. The yellow petals fall and all you are left with is the red. It happens all over the plant all season so I can never catch it all yellow flowers or all red seed pods, it is always mixed. It is not spreading. It grows in a mound and it is very pretty. It is one of my favorite groundcovers and has been coming back reliably since 2005.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I want some... would be fantastic in my rock garden. I don't think I've ever seen this kind of sedum variegated and I know I've only seen the yellow and pink blooming stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would. I haven't started the groundcover set yet but when I do, I will add it to the s/s.

    ReplyDelete