Saturday, September 4, 2010

For Kelly

Just now getting to clearing out the bushline in the front. Turns out the groundcover underneath is some kind of juniper. The branches are long and run under the mulch but not rooted into the soil. Everything here is growing on top of landscape fabric. Yuck! Anyway, there are quite a few of them, whatever they are because that is it running all the way back at the top of the photo and the rock you can barely see to the left is a big boulder and there is more of it on the other side of it towards the lawn.

3 comments:

  1. Ah ha! Looks very much like our 'Blue Rug' juniper. Poor things need more sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pull all the branches up from under the mulch... I bet it would fill in quickly for you. Mine gets buried under leaves and such... I go out and give it 'a lift' now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is completely inside that little bushline. We are clearing it out so once I have it in a spot I can get to it, I will clean it up and lift the branches. Right now, I would have to crawl around inside the bush to help it out. Not sure how long it will stay after we finish clearing. I am not fond of juniper and that spot is right outside the front door. Equal chance I could take pity on it though since it has survived in there for a long, long time all alone. I am a sucker for the underdog ;)

    ReplyDelete