Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Official !

My compost is no longer just a pile that I can't put kitchen scraps in if I don't want the dogs rooting around. It is up and running, scraps and all. It is in the corner of the drive, below the deck. Next year there will be a ton of Tansy here. I pulled most of it out this year so I could get to the caragana which are also coming down. Tansy has been growing in this spot as long as I have been here and it needed the thinning anyway. You can already see it coming back and this was only days after I took it all down.

2 comments:

  1. Mighty fine looking compost box ;) What's tansy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a weedy looking thing that gets quite tall and has ugly yellow flowers that look like little balls. lol. But flies hate it so it is usually planted in the country outside the kitchen door. There was TONS of it here when we moved in and I have just about wrestled it down to this corner where I figure it can stay and keep the flies out of my compost.

    ReplyDelete